Dental implants are a wonderful option for restoring smiles and providing patients with gorgeous, realistic-looking teeth. However, regular implants may not necessarily be the right option for everyone, and this is why mini implants are readily available. At Destination Dental Care, we can help you determine which implant option is right for you.
What is a Mini Implant?
Mini implants are smaller in size than regular implants. Where a regular implant is anywhere from 3.4mm to 5.8mm, a mini implant only comes to about 2mm in length. This makes it a more ideal option for people with smaller bones or who need an option that allows for quicker healing time.
Who is a good candidate for a Mini Implant?
Mini implants have a range of benefits when compared to their larger counterparts. Some of the best candidates for mini implants include:
- Patients with smaller jaw bones or weaker bones
- Patients who want less metal used for the procedure
- Patients who have had traditional implants fail in the past
- Patients who want to restore their smile with a durable, long-lasting surgical option
- Patients who are looking for a more cost-effective implant
If you would like to inquire more about mini implants, contact us today!